This is not a complicated recipe. But it's definitely not one that I would casually whip together on a week night on a whim. (Unless you are super mom.) Mainly because I wouldn't have these items on hand unless I planned it. So save it for when you have an hour and can drink a glass of Sauvignon Blanc while you're cooking it. Not that you can't do that on a week night - - but you know what I mean!
1 cup jasmine rice, cooked
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3 green onions, finely sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
4 T sweet Thai chile sauce
4 large, boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all purpose flour
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 (14oz) can coconut milk
1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
Preheat oven to 350º
1. In a large bowl, mix the rice, coconut, green onion, basil, cilantro, chili sauce and juice from one lime.
2. Make a pocket in each chicken breast, using a spoon, gently stuff equal amounts of rice mixture in each breast half. Close the opening with toothpicks.
3. In a plate mix together flour, salt and pepper
4. In a second plate mix together peanuts, Panko and sesame seeds.
5. In a third plate mix coconut milk and 2 T lime juice
6. Roll chicken breasts one at a time, first in the flour mixture, then in the coconut milk mixture, and finally in the peanut mixture, coating well.
7. In a shallow baking pan, arrange chicken, seam side down and place in 350º oven. Bake 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the filling is hot.
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 rice vinegar
2 limes juiced
2 T sweet Thai chili sauce
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup basil leaves, freshly chopped
6 cups green cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot grated
1. Make the dressing by mixing the peanut butter, rice vinegar and sweet chili sauce in a large bowl.
2. Mix together all remaining ingredients and toss with desired amount of the dressing and refrigerate.
Serve with Sauvignon Blanc wine. The Hall Sauvignon Blanc or Williamsom Wines Sauvignon Blancs, or the Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio are all FANtastic choices.
To plate: Place slaw on serving platter, remove tooth picks from chicken and add chicken to plate.