There is nothing like a warm, moist cornbread muffin. Add a little honey butter to it and oh my. That is one delicious bite.
These muffins are so easy to make with just a few ingredients. I really like this Trader Joe's cornbread mix because - surprise! - there are whole kernels of corn in the mix. I was totally surprised by this! These muffins do have a little sweetness to them and when you add the honey butter you might want to save them for dessert. So good!
We spiced them up with some diced jalapeno and added about 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese - but that's totally optional.
makes 12 muffins
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 box of Trader Joe's cornbread mix
6 slices of Jalapeno's chopped (optional)
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix egg, milk, and oil in a medium-size bowl.
2. Add cornbread mix. Stir until combined.
3. Add jalapeno and cheese. Stir.
4. Pour into cupcake liners. I used a 1/4 measure to fill the liners evenly.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
1 stick of unsalted butter
2 T Honey
1. Soften butter in a small pyrex dish in the microwave 20 seconds.
2. Add the honey and mix until combined. Taste for flavor. Add more honey if needed.
3. Smooth out butter in the dish or transfer to a ramekin and refrigerate.
4. Serve at room temperature on muffins or toast.