I have no idea how my mom did it with four kids, or Don's mom with five kids. I only have one, nearly perfect child, :-) and I can barely keep up.
I won't get to see my mom this mother's day - but I will see her in a few weeks so we'll have a delayed celebration. My mom is the greatest, most supportive mom around. I'm always telling everyone how much fun she is. I've discovered that's not the case with everyone's mom. So I feel very lucky to have such a special mom.
Here are some ideas of things to do for your mom, or things your kids can do for your wife, (hint, hint) that will bring a smile to her face and make her feel appreciated.
Things to do for your mom:
1) put your dishes in the dishwasher
2) hang up your coat - in the closet
3) pick up the wet towel off the bathroom floor
4) sweep the patio
5) wipe the toothpaste splatter off the bathroom faucet
6) make your bed
7) wash her car and fill it with gas
Gifts for mom:
1) give your mom a hug
2) send or bring her flowers
3) smile and tell her how special she is
4) take her on a picnic
5) go for a family bike ride
6) one hour of quiet time, with a magazine and a glass of wine (ahhh.......)
There you have it. It's pretty simple. A little pampering goes a long way. If you're feeling really generous, you can do items 1-8 every week. THAT would be awesome.
Have a good weekend everyone!