I've learned a lot of things on my new diet. In addition to drinking water I have to start my day with breakfast.
You're probably thinking "Uh, doesn't everyone eat breakfast?"
Well, I am not one of those people. My poor mom used to try desperately to feed me breakfast in high school. I would grab the toast and toss it in the bushes every day. I'm sure the birds loved the cold, soggy, buttery toast.
I'm just not hungry first thing in the morning. Or at least I didn't used to be hungry.
I now have to eat a protein packed breakfast every morning within 30 minutes of waking up. My choices are: 2 eggs or greek yogurt.
I like Greek yogurt about as much as I like goat cheese. (Which tastes like dirty old goat. Blech.) I cannot stand how tart and sour Greek Yogurt is. I'm shocked it's so popular. So, that leaves me with eggs. I like eggs. So I'm ok with it.
Here's my favorite way to make creamy scrambled eggs. I can't remember who gave me the tip to add a dollop of cream cheese, but it's yummy!
Creamy Scrambled Eggs
2t. whipped cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Crack eggs into a small bowl. Whip with a fork.
2. Melt 1 t. butter in a small frying pan over medium/medium-high heat.
3. Add eggs to pan. Gently stir with the fork a few times.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cream cheese when the eggs are about half way done.
6. Serve alone, or with one of the add-ins listed below.
2 sauteed mushrooms
6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
A few snips of green onion
A spoonful of salsa
Lawry's Seasoning salt