I love a dish you can prepare for a group that makes everyone happy. And that's exactly what these egg muffins do. The variations are endless. You can easily make a combination that everyone will love. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
Once you get all the fixings chopped and prepped assembling the egg muffins is easy. You could even get the kids involved. You really can't screw them up.
I prepped way more veggies than I needed. I've outlined below what you really need. If you're worried it's not enough you can make more. If you have extra don't worry. Just toss them on a salad.
I like using all fresh ingredients - especially ones I already have in the fridge. You can substitute other veggies you might have on hand like broccoli, cauliflower, or zucchini. Just dice them up and toss them in.
Don't like chopping onions? You can buy them already diced.
Have some pico de gallo on hand? Use that instead of tomatoes.
Want to add some meat for the meat lovers in the house? Dice up some cooked ham, bacon, or sausage, and add that in.
Yield: 6 servings as a meal, 3-4 per person (Made 12 large muffins and 12 mini muffins)
Per Serving: 1 Leaner | 1 Healthy Fat | 1 green | 1 condiment (serve with a side salad)
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or thirds
- 5 baby Bella's, chopped
- 3 mini sweet peppers, diced
- 1 yellow onion, caramelized (takes about 10 minutes to caramelize)
- A handful of baby spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1 link of chicken sausage, cooked with casing removed
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, low fat
- 1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese (Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago)
- Cream cheese (pictured as an optional cheese)
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- One 5.3 oz container Fage Greek Yogurt, 2%
- 1/4 t Kosher salt
- 1/8 t. freshly ground pepper
Try serving egg muffins with a simple salad dressed with a homemade lemon vinaigrette.
LEMON PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
2. Slowly add the olive oil. Or shake all ingredients in a jar.
Vinaigrette Recipe: Martha Stewart
Post a Comment
Thanks for your feedback!