I am so excited to share this recipe with you! The egg bites have a creamy, cheesy texture just like the egg bites at Starbucks and they only have three ingredients! You don't need a crazy Sous Vide cooker thing. All you need is a pan and water.
The egg bites are perfect for busy weekday mornings. You can blend everything up, pop them in the oven, go get ready, then have this super yummy low-carb, high-protein breakfast ready to devour. Trust me when I say they are delish.
Cheesy Egg Bites
1/4 cup cottage cheese (I used small curd)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Parmesan (or whatever cheese you have on hand.)
Dash of freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Salt and Pepper
1. Add eggs, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese into a mini-cuisinart (or blender.)
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pulse until mixture is liquified.
4. Spray two 1 cup glass bowls with cooking spray.
5. Divide egg mixture into each bowl.
6. Top with a pinch of cheese on each
7. Place bowls in a glass baking dish filled with about an inch of water
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or the eggs are golden brown and solid.
I want to try adding a few ingredients next time: diced peppers, mushrooms, spinach, bacon bits, sausage, etc. Would also be great with a dash of Sriracha hot sauce.
You can easily double or triple this recipe.
Post a Comment
Thanks for your feedback!