The mojito is delicious! The combination of kiwi, lime, and mint is so refreshing and delicious it may become your new favorite mojito flavor.
If you've never had a kiwi you should try one. They have hints of other fruits like strawberries, melons, pineapples, and bananas. They can be eaten in salads, on yogurt, in a fruit salad or fruit tart, or a mojito.
Kiwis have more Vitamin C than an orange and are a good source of dietary fiber and Vitamin E.
Did you know the fuzzy peel is edible?? I did not! You can eat it just like an apple. Just rinse it off, rub off a little of the fuzz and eat away. If that's not your thing you can peel off the skin with a potato peeler or paring knife.
An unripe kiwi can be a little tart. You'll know it's ripe when there is a little give when pinched - like an avocado.
makes two cocktails
2 medium kiwis, peeled and coarsely chopped
8 mint leaves
1-ounce simple syrup
2 ounces Bacardi White Rum
1-ounce fresh lime juice
club soda or sparkling water
- In a food processor or blender, puree the kiwi and mint leaves until smooth.
- Strain the blended mixture into a measuring cup to get out all the liquid. Discard the seeds and pulp.
- Add the simple syrup, lime juice, and rum. Test for sweetness. You may need to add more simple syrup.
- Add ice to each glass. Pour the mixture over the ice in the two glasses. Top with soda water or club soda.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, wedge of lime and slice of kiwi.
To make your own simple syrup dissolve 4 tablespoons of sugar in 1/2 cup boiling water. Let cool.