My brother Bill, Elli and her dad, Don.
We're starting it off with Blue Bottle Coffee and lemon bread - then it's on to brunch.
It's not to late to bake this yourself (hint, hint.) Read on for the recipe.
Lemon Bread (Cake)
(from Simply recipes)
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup minus 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 T. honey
2 eggs (room temp)
1 T. lemon zest
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t. ground cardamom
1 t. baking powder
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
1. Beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and honey, continue to beat until creamy, a few minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate. On low speed, slowly beat the milk in. Do not worry if the mixture looks a little curdled. Mix in lemon zest.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, cardamom, baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients, beating until smooth.
3. Place batter in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
4. While the lemon bread is baking, prepare the glaze. Heat the glaze ingredients - lemon juice, sugar, honey - in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Once you have removed the bread from the oven, poke holes all over the top with a thin skewer (this will help the glaze penetrate). Spoon the glaze over it while the bread is still in the pan and is still hot. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
Makes one loaf.